Every mother deserves a little TLC every once in awhile. Whether it’s for her birthday, for Mother’s Day, or just because, a trip to Naples or Marco Island on Florida’s Paradise Coast could be just what the doctor ordered, giving her the opportunity to relax and de-stress from daily life.
There are many different activities mom may want to participate in while visiting the Naples area. The city offers everything from specialty chocolate tastings, fabulous shopping to gaming and more for its guests, giving them an opportunity to experience the uniqueness of Naples. For example, activities to participate in include:
- Fifth Avenue South:Featuring one of the most-well known shopping districts in Naples, this street is home to many art galleries, custom clothing and shoe stores, jewelry stores, gift shops and more for visitors to peruse.
- Naples Chocolate Stroll:Taking place on 5th Avenue South, the Naples Chocolate Stroll features a one mile guided tour during which visitors learn the history of chocolate and also sample a variety of sweets, fudge, cookies and more. A new Children’s Chocolate Stroll is now also offered.
- Seminole Immokalee Casino:Located only a short distance from Naples, this casino features more than 1,200 Vegas-style slot machines and 34 live table games including blackjack for visitors to try their luck.. Not feeling lucky? The Zig Zag Lounge features live music and entertainment and there are multipldining choices.
All of these activities can cause mom to work up an appetite, and there is a wide variety of restaurants she may want to visit to both satisfy her hunger and indulge her taste buds. Get a taste of the local cuisine at some of the top local restaurants, including:
- Osteria Tulia: Call ahead for reservations at this popular spot on Fifth Avenue South. Chef Vincenzo Betulia’s rustic Italian cuisine is mouthwatering.
- Baleen Naples: Located at the La Playa Resort, the Baleen Naples offers a sophisticated dining experience. Opt to dine on the terrace and overlook the white sand beach then sink your toes in the sand after dinner at the beach fire pit.
- Dock at Crayton Cove: Offering cuisine with a tropical flair, this open-air restaurant has been a favorite of both locals and visitors alike since it opened in 1976. Try the Rhum Boogie cocktail.
- Randy’s Fishmarket Restaurant: This restaurant offers fresh fish and a casual atmosphere. Make sure to check out Randy’s famous Key Lime Pie as well.
- Riverwalk at Tin City: This moderately priced waterfront restaurant is known for its Gulf Coast specialties, including seafood, sandwiches, cocktails, a daily Raw Bar and the Sunday Bloody Mary Bar.
- Turtle Club: Located at Vanderbilt Beach Resort, this local favorite offers some of the best seafood and steaks in Naples served at tables right on the beach. How romantic is that?
After a day of shopping, dining, and seeing the sights, mom may want to take the opportunity to de-stress and pamper herself. Many of the hotels and resorts in Naples offer in-house spas, where she can get a massage, facial, or even a complete makeover. Some of the options include:
- Bellasera Hotel: The Esterra Spa at Bellasera offers a variety of services, from massages to pedicures. The most popular services at this spa include the Swedish Massage, Hot Stone Massage and European Relaxation Facial.
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort & Spa: The Spa at the Hilton Marco Island is inspired by the Mediterranean, with its marble hallways and sparkling fountains. Offering massages, body treatments, hair care and more, it is truly an all-encompassing place to relax.
- La Playa Beach Resort: The SpaTerre Naples at the La Playa Beach Resort mixes genres in its décor, with white washed panel walls, chandeliers and Asian-inspired furniture, to create a relaxing environment for spa services including massages, facials and more.
- Marco Beach Ocean Resort: A tranquil environment, the Spa at Marco Beach Ocean Resort offers eight private treatment rooms, steam rooms and saunas for its guests, along with a variety of spa packages – perfect whether you are staying a week, a weekend, or just one night.
- Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort Golf Club & Spa: Besides facials, body, hair and nail treatments, the Marco Island Beach Resort Spa also offers a variety of massage options, including Balinese massages, Swedish massages, seashell therapy massages, hot stone massages, deep tissue massages and more.
- Naples Bay Resort: The Naples Bay Resort offers a variety of services, including signature treatments such as the “Tropical Get Away”, which includes a facial, body scrub and Swedish massage.
- Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club: The spa at Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club prides itself on offering services that restore the connection between mind and body, allowing you to completely relax. Spa offerings include massages, facials, body treatments and hydrotherapy.
- The Spa at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples: The Ritz-Carlton, Naples is open to guests of both The Ritz-Carlton, Naples beach and golf resorts and offers a luxurious spa experience, with steam rooms, saunas, aqua lounges and an outdoor mineral pool, along with typical spa offerings of massages and body wraps.
- Naples Grande Beach Resort: Guests of the Naples Grande Spa find a place to renew mind, body and spirit. In the sanctuary of an indoor-outdoor spa village, the Naples day spa encompasses four pavilions in the Japanese tradition, set amid exquisite gardens. Architecture, landscaping and water features are interwoven to create an atmosphere of harmony and beauty, blending to present the experience of true tranquility at Naples Grande.
Even if you stay at a hotel other than one of these spa resorts, you can still treat the mother in your life to the full spa treatment. Purely You Spa is a day spa offering personalized spa services, including facials, body treatments, waxing, massages and more. Woodhouse Day Spa allows you to indulge in yourself in more than 70 different spa treatments, and prides itself on helping its clients “Relax, Refresh and Renew” with their services.
No matter what activities she decides to participate in, a weekend or even a week of relaxation in Naples, Florida is the perfect way to show mothers that you care. Visit our Hotels & Rentals page to learn more about booking your trip to Naples!Back to top of page